Friday, July 31, 2009

Back From An Amazing Trip

I'm going to have to post this vacation in several posts because there is so much and I don't have a lot of time to just sit down and write everything - besides I don't want to leave anything out. So I'll start with last Friday because that is when all the fun began.

On Friday, July 24th - Mom and I left my Uncle Paul's house around 10:30am and headed down to San Deigo so we could catch our cruise ship. We managed to get down there and on the ship by 2:30. By then we were both very tired but very excited to start our cruise. Mom, of course, started to take pictures of everything - so I took a picture of her taking a picture of me while I was taking a picture of her when we first got to our room.




Afterwards Mom and I decided to go exploring the ship. We went to Tiffany's diner for lunch and both had a garden salad, and Mom had dessert after which I skipped.
Then we wandered around the decks, looking at the views of San Diego and enjoying the scenery.





There was one seagull that seemed to follow us everywhere we went, and as I've never seen one that close I took a picture.


Right before we started to sail everyone was asked to put on our lifejackets and head up to where our stations were at. We were on the top deck so we got to enjoy the fresh air while everyone else was crammed inside. Mom and I looked pretty silly with our lifejackets on - Mom fell asleep with her jacket on while we waited for the meeting to start. I guess she was really tired from being so excited about being on her first cruise. I couldn't have slept if I wanted to - those things were heavy! And very uncomfortable, glad I don't have to wear one all the time.





After the meeting was over we were free to do what we wanted. Mom and I went back to the room where she unpacked her suitcase. I decided to just live out of mine so she'd have more space for her things. We went to the dining room after that for dinner. Mom had the steak and I had the grilled chicken with vegetables. And they were good vegetables - not like the disgusting ones you get when you go out to eat. They had carrots and broccoli so it was enjoyable, even though I wasn't really hungry.

When we got back to our room after dinner we had a surprise waiting for us. Mom had a little stingray on her bed, made out of towels with her sunglasses for eyes. Mom didn't have a clue what it was and wondered what the heck was on her bed. When I told her it was a stingray she loved it. We thought it was so cute.




We went out on the deck for one last look at the ocean as the sun began to sink that night and were treated to a beautiful sunset over the water.

We watched the sun disappear and as it finally sank we saw a dark spot in the water - it breached several times and on the second time it came up I recognized it for what it was. We were watching a whale breach the surface for air. It was so cool!

After the sun went down and the air got too cold to stand in we went down to the main theater and finished the last of the "Guess that show" game then joined in for bingo. After that they had a comedian and he was very enjoyable. We went to bed after that and fell asleep with the ocean and the ship gently rocking us to sleep.

I promise I'll add more soon - but it'll have to be later this weekend, I still need to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment