Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Time Won't Wait

It has been a little crazy lately, but not anything I can't handle. Last week was pretty enjoyable, except for the fact that the shots I had to get at the doctors to stop me from getting sick when Mom andI go on vacation to Mexico next week made me so sick on Wednesday that I could barely move and I didn't want to eat because I was so nauseated. I came home early from work that day and slept most of the afternoon away. Melinda and I had planned on going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead, but it turned out that it didn't work for her either so we are going Friday instead.
I did get to try out different hairstyles for the wedding though. Sue came over last Monday and we tried different ways on which we could do it and I really liked two styles a lot. The first picture is a side view of the first style and the second picture is what the back would look like, although the curls will be tighter. And I finally decided that this is the one I want to go for because it'll be easier to do with my veil.





These next two pictures I really liked as well - although the front was going to be a little bit different, so it wouldn't have the zig-zag part. But I really liked how elegant it looked, even though it was really simple.



Last Friday was Mom's birthday and we went to a Jon Schmidt concert. Mike and I had a lot of fun entertaining ourselves while waiting for the concert to start. Perhaps a little too much fun because Mom threatened to seperate us if we couldn't behave. :)

The concert was a lot of fun and Mike and I both really enjoyed it. He was skeptical when I told him it was a piano concert, but he had a good time and really liked the music. And I fell in love with Waterfall.

On Saturday Mike and I decided to do a scary movie night. I rented Friday the 13th - the newer one - and he brought Prom Night, Boogey Man 2, Boogey Man 3, and My Bloody Valentine with him. We ended up watching Friday the 13th - which scared him, Prom Night - which we both thought was dumb, When A Stranger Calls, and My Bloody Valentine. Friday the 13th was fun because Mike jumped a couple times. It made me laugh. And My Bloody Valentine was fun since we watched it in 3D after dark so things seemed to fly out of the screen. After My Bloody Valentine we decided to call it a night, it was late and we were both tired. Mike left all his movies here and told me to just add them to my collection. So I need to find time to re-alphabetize my DVD's in the CD organizers so they'll be in alphabetical order.

Sunday we went to Melinda and Brents for dinner and to do birthday for Mom. I had the giggles thanks to sharing so M&M's with Mike as well as sour cream and onion chips - apparently those two things don't mix. So I was nicknamed "The Gigglebox", Dana from Wayside Stories From Wayside School.

Monday Mike, Mom, and I went down to get our shots for traveling out of country. The receptionist there was a real winner. Mom dubbed her "The Wicked Witch of the West" while we were waiting for our turn. We were done by quarter after tweleve. I headed back home to pick Jack up from the groomers and get movie tickets for Harry Potter since Mike and I are going on a double date with Rose and her husband Chris on Thursday to see it. Then I ran down to JoAnn's because my friend Brigette had promised me she save me some boxes so I could use them for packing. I wasn't expecting a cart load of boxes, and they filled up my trunk and most of my backseat. I spent the rest of the day packing.

Today I really didn't want to go anywhere, so I stayed in my pajamas all day. I packed a bit, did some laundry, the dishes, played with Jack since he's stuck inside for a few days while the fertilizer sinks in, organized my boxes so they don't take up so much room in the spare room I'm keeping them in, and cooked my very first pot roast all by myself. I was so happy when it wasn't disgusting. I was keeping my fingers crossed until I took my first bite - but it was tender and juicy - even though it didn't have a whole lot of flavor so I had to add some salt and pepper to it once I took it out of the pot - but hey, it was edible, and that's what I cared about. Now I can add that to the list of things I know how to cook!

Mike had class tonight so he didn't get to try it but he can have some later this week. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow, Ashley Lamb's, so we will be heading down there around five or so. And since I decided to go with the curls instead of the French twist for my wedding I asked Sue if she could do a French twist for me tomorrow for Ashley's wedding, so she's coming over to help me with it. It is going to be a crazy week, but I need to try and stay on top of things, because time isn't going to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment