Saturday, August 1, 2009

Amazing Trip - Day 2

Day two was kind of a just laid back relaxing day. We spent the whole day at sea - although Mom and I later came up with the theory that the captain was just taking us around in circles so we could spend the day at sea since it wouldn't take us that long to get to Mexico.


Mom was still sleeping when I went up on deck to look at the ocean again. It was pretty foggy outside but it was beautiful - the only thing I was worried about was accidentally dropping my camera overboard.





I accidentally woke Mom up when I got back to the room, but she wanted to go do some things so she got up and got ready. We got some late lunch and then went up on the deck to read. Mom went back to the room shortly after to get my sunglasses and to change into her swimming suit. While she was gone two girls from our dining room table came up and sat in the deck chairs next to ours. We talked for a few minutes before going back to our reading and sun bathing.


After a couple hours we went back to the room so Mom could change and we could go to the hypnotist show. We recognized Charlene up on the stage - and she acted the part well, even though I could tell it was fake. Mom thought it was real until Charlene admitted that they'd been faking. I nudged Mom and told her I told you so.


It was fancy night in the dining room that night, so Mom and I dressed in the dresses we got for Melinda's wedding reception, pulled our hair up fancy and went to the dining room. Katie and Ivy were already there, along with Vanessa and her grandmother who we hadn't met the night before. Charlene and Jo soon joined us and we all got talking about how we were enjoying the cruise and Charlene and I got talking about weddings. Charlene is engaged as well and told me she is waiting for October, 10 2010 to get married. That way they can tell people 10/10/10 is their wedding date. She doesn't like wearing jewelry so she doesn't wear her ring - and in fact lost it once because one of her cats stole it. She found it, and put it away safely so it wouldn't happen again.


After dinner Mom and I promised the girls we'd meet them for the Vegas show in the main theater at 8:45 and went off to do pictures and change. We took pictures in front of the Titanic stairs scenery and by the piano. My fast was all red from being out in the sun so it matched my dress perfectly.




Afterwards we went and changed and sat next to Charlene and Jo for the Vegas show. Afterwards Jo and Charlene invited me to go watch the comedian with them. Mom didn't want to go so while she went shopping in the ten dollar store and e-mailed Stephen I hung out with Charlene and Jo. They took me up to the display of pictures and pointed out Katie and Ivy's pictures and the two pervert guys that had jumped into their pictures along with them. We all had a good laugh over it because Katie made a funny face when the older man had wrapped an arm around her neck in one of them. Jo and Charlene told me to keep a look out for them, and if I saw them to run away. They gave me a hint that the guys always had a cocktail in their hands pretending to be cool. Fortunately for me I didn't see them until we were getting off the boat.


After the comedian I went back to the room and fell asleep before Mom got back from the internet cafe. We had an elephant towel that night that we both liked a lot.






Some of the most memorable things about the cruise were...


1. Our cruise director Stu from Australia - he was such a hoot and always told us that if we went up to a stranger and said "Good day, mate" we'd make new friends.


2. Mom can't keep track of card keys to get into rooms, every time we went to our room she could never find her card key - and could never seem to find it when we were going to the dining room either.


3. No matter how foggy it is - put suntan lotion on anyway.


4. Cruises are much more fun when the table you are sitting at in the dining room has fun people there. Ivy, Katie, Jo, and Charlene were all so fun. There were people at the table next to us that did nothing but complain.



5. I've got a lot of practicing to do with my towel folding book if I'm ever going to master it.

6. Going on a cruise means you eat 6 BIG meals a day and don't gain any weight.



7. You aren't going to sleep on the cruise - that is what work the next week is for.


8. Don't wear a jacket while sunbathing on the deck - or else Mom will laugh at you.


9. Doesn't matter how many cards you have someone will always get Bingo before you.

10. If someone tries to hypnotize you and tells you that you are in a deep sleep at least fifteen times he is a phony.

No comments:

Post a Comment