Thursday, November 17, 2011

Note to self - losing temper is not a good thing

Man I don't know if it is just me or the stress I've been under or everything that has been going on in my life lately but I pretty much let a customer have it today. Although in all fairness she was rude first.

After spending an hour and a half grooming and brushing out her horribly matted dog we took it to the door, Joseph had already checked mine to make sure it looked good so I wasn't worried about it. But when she looked at him she said in the snootiest rudest voice I have ever heard "He is a mess!" I was shocked for a second then angry the next. She told me his face wasn't even clean. Now that wasn't true because I'd scrubbed it with the soap - problem is that the fur was stained and the shampoo won't take the staining out. So I told her that I had washed his face. I think she was just used to him being fluffy and sometimes our dogs are still a little wet. We don't have the battery power in the grooming vans to completely dry every dog. If you want it a little drier we will be happy to go back and dry it some more - otherwise we get it almost all the way dry and give it back. She then said "what happened to his face?" This dog had had eye crusties so bad they looked like marbles that needed to be cut out. She honestly seemed surprised by this. So I told her his eye crusties had to be cut out and that I had washed his face - I don't think I said it very nice though, probably not because she looked angry. She then told me his face was dirty and again I assured her it wasn't. I should have just bitten my tongue and agreed with her. So we took the dog back to the van and blow dried it some more so it was "fluffy" and did a little touch up job. When we took it back she was fine with how he looked but she was so angry with me. I have the feeling this is not the first time she's talked to a groomer like this. Especially since she never takes care of her dogs and that much is obvious. But again I shouldn't have said anything - I should have just agreed with her and told her she was right and asked what she wanted us to do to fix it instead of telling her that I had cleaned his face.

She then gave us the money and said that she normally tipped but because I was rude she wasn't going to. Now normally I don't say anything and even when she said that I bit my tongue because I was just being honest with her - and with as snotty as she was being I thought I was pretty polite with her. Still I have to remember that I have to keep my emotions way down. Despite the fact that she never brushes out her dogs and his tail alone took me thirty minutes to demat because all it was was a giant mat I should have known better. Ah... well guess I'm going to have learn my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment