Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Life As A Dog Groomer

I'd have to say in my short career as a dog groomer I have never been happier than I am right now with any other job and I have the most amazing people for my bosses. On top of them being patient but critical teachers, who are determined to make me the best groomer I can be they are also LDS members so I never have to worry about them saying things that will offend me or making me do something that will make me incredible. The Lord certainly knew what he was doing when he gave me this job. There hasn't been a day that has gone by that I haven't been grateful for it.
There are downsides of course, there are always downsides when you are working with something that can think for itself. Trying to avoid getting bitten when doing something like shaving pads or clipping nails is usually the downside. But I've only had one dog try to take a snap at me usually Joseph is the one who has to jump away to avoid getting bitten. I teased him about that a bit telling him he brought out the worst in every dog. He laughed and told me from now on he'd give me the mean dogs. Mindy almost got bit last week - but luckily she is pretty fast on the draw and the dog missed.
This week has been interesting. I learned how to put bows in a dog's hair and do it well. I did a little victory dance over that and it made Mindy laugh at my antics. I also learned not to hold my hand close to where the dog pees when you blow dry them otherwise you'll get pee all over your arm like Mindy did. I had a hard time keeping my face as stoic as possible and it only lasted for about 30 seconds before I busted up laughing. Mindy didn't find it as funny until I pointed out if it had been me that had been peed on she would have been laughing at me. She had to admit that I was right.
I have really learned a lot from Mindy and Joseph. And I'll continue to learn as I continue to groom. I really couldn't have asked for a better job or better people. I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment