Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ironic much?



So my first day back at work turned out to be a pretty ironic and stressful day, but that's mainly due to Jack. After Jack had his surgery last week I made sure he stayed inside and as clean as possible so he wouldn't get an infection in the surgerical site or pop his stitches.


Yesterday I took Priestly down to get his haircut. He was getting really shaggy and all his fur hung in his eyes. So I left Jack in Mike's care and headed out to get that done. When I got back Jack seemed fine, until I saw something hanging out of his side later that afternoon. It was a piece of hot pink string, or that's what it looked like but it was actually the stitching thread that they'd used on him he'd popped at least four of his stitches. So I called the vet's and made an appointment for him the next morning - Mike was anxious to get him in worried that'd bleed all over the place. Mike practically swoons at the sight of blood, even his own, and yet he pretends that he's a vampire? How can those two things co-exsist?

I was almost hoping that I could be the one to take Jack in just in case they needed to restitch him and I knew how Mike would handle that. But work was busy (which I'm grateful for more money that we need hooray!) and I asked Mike to send me an update on what the vet said about Jack's condition.

I got a text almost as I hit my seventh hour of work. Jack was fine, they'd decided to take out all the stitches for good this time. But on the bad side of things despite how careful I was Jack has an infection. Mike told me I'd have to be the one to give him his pills. Again squimish. How is he going to handle kids? :)

Unfortunately for him I'm going to make him help. Jack can only have his pills every twelve hours and he had his pill so late tonight I won't be able to give him one before I leave for work tomorrow. So I told Mike just coat the pill in peanut butter and that'll disguise it so Jack will take it easily. Bet you dollars to donuts Mike freaks out - but I sure do love him. There's never a dull moment when married to Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment