Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Amazing Trip Day 3

The third day of our vacation Mom and I had probelms getting up and going. When we finally did we realized that we had already gotten to the port in Mexico. So we got ready, and got off the boat to go exploring in Ensenada. We got on one of the tour guide buses which took us down to the flea market and the blow hole.



The blow hole is sort of like a gyser except it shoots water higher and more frequently. There are only three in the world. One in Australia, one in Hawaii and one in Mexico. So that was neat to be able to watch. We watched the blow hole for about ten minutes and then stared out at the coast for another few minutes before exploring the flea market.
















A woman there was actually painting pictures on plates with her fingers. And she was very fast at it too. Mom got both of us a plate of our choice, it was so fun to watch her do it - it was fascinating. I got the purple one - the other one is Mom's.










After that we just wandered about the little shops, not going into most stores. We did however go into the glass blowing store and got the topper for my wedding cake - and as you can see it is even personalized for us. We also got Mom a single purple rose, and Melinda some red roses to match the ones she had for her wedding.






We did a little bit more shopping after that, Mom got a purse made out of gum wrappers which was pretty cool and a new dress. After that we made our way back to the bus. We decided to go back to the bus instead of going to downtown Ensenada because we were both very tired. As we were waiting in line to get back on the Elation (our ship) I wanted to take a picture of the view of Ensenada and these two guys jumped in front of my camera and posed for me.










Mom and I ordered room service instead of going to the dining room because neither of us had eaten all day and we were starved. I got the cheese sandwich and she got the bacon, lettuce, and tomato. She went to the departation meeting and kept falling asleep while she was there, when she got back she ate (because the food had come while she was at the meeting), and fell asleep with her tray on her lap. I played canasta by myself and watched the end of Horton Hear's A Who with Jim Carrey.


We didn't get a towel animal that night because we stayed in our room so our beds were never turned down for us. Mom was disappointed, but the book for how to do towel animals got there that night so I can do them for when Mike and I have kids of our own. Mom had fun looking at all the pictures.



We played canasta that night and Mom was kicking my butt until the last round where I went out with quite a few canastas. We both went over 5,000 points that time but she beat me by five. So she beat me. We went to bed soon after that knowing that the next day was going to be a long one.

No comments:

Post a Comment