Friday, October 23, 2009

This Thursday's adventure at the big house

Well, it wasn't an 'adventure' adventure, but it was pretty funny. As usual Victoria had Thursday off, so after work I came home to pick up Jack and Victoria as well as a few things to take over to make dinner with. When we got there Mike wasn't there so I let us in and started to fry up the stew meat. Victoria busied herself with putting the DVD's back that she had borrowed and browsing in my library while drooling over my Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles signed photos in the library. Jack kept me company in the kitchen, licking his lips and sneaking closer and closer to the oven. I was expecting Mom to come and see the house for the first time as well, so I was trying to tidy up a little bit while keeping Jack away from the garbage can since I had thrown the container that had held the meat in there. He was curious about the fresh blood smell.

When the meat had browned all the way through I put it in the crock pot to simmer while I cleaned up bits of spattered grease from the stove top and then chatted with Victoria about Alan because she thinks he is cute. Mike came over right before I put the meat in the crock pot, and it was then that I discovered I had forgotten to get sour cream. So we all got into Mike's car. Victoria started to open her door and I pushed it closed again so Mike could do what he feels is polite and open the door for her. She isn't used to being treated like a lady because all the guys she knows are jerks and don't treat her well. So she keeps forgetting to let Mike open and close the doors for her.

We ran down to Smiths and got some sour cream and I quickly put it into the pot on our return home. We let Jack out of the library, where he bounded down the stairs happily, easily forgiving us for shutting him up in there to keep him out of trouble while we were gone. We went to the living room on the second floor and discussed which movies we are going to do for our scary movie night on Halloween. Victoria is bringing The Ring 2, then we are going to do Cry Wolf, Boogey Man 2 & 3, and if we have time The Village. But I'm sure we will be tired by the time we finish the first four.

Not too long after that Mom arrived, Jack barked furiously at the door and when I went to open it I saw why. She had Mike with her. I had not seen Mike since January when we went and saw My Bloody Valentine in 3D together. He said he was replaced by a younger Mike - but I told Mom to keep Mike on call just in case I need a back up. :) They got a kick out of that.

We gave them the grand tour of the house, walking them through each level, teasing Mike (not my Mike) about his height as he is taller than the rest and can't always go as far in as we could...at least not without ducking his head.

After they left I served dinner and we ate the beef stroganoff and potatoes. Jack licked his chops hungrily so I quickly grilled him up a chicken breast and he gobbled it up. It is better than him licking the floor. He also ate a giant fly for dessert. He found another one upstairs. :) It didn't take him as many tries to get this one down as it did the one on Sunday.

We went to the library after that with a flashlight, turned off all the lights and read scary stories. But it didn't scare any of us. I was falling asleep on Mike's lap when Victoria relieved herself. She blushed an apologized. Mike started to laugh and me, being only half conscious, could feel the laughter bubbling in my stomach. When she apologized again and when Mike asked for what and she again relieved herself it brought me closer to consciousness and Mike and I both broke into a fit of laughter. Victoria was rolling on the floor and we all laughed about it. The scary stories mood was broken, so we ended the reading session.

We decided to call it an early night because there was no new Supernatural episode this week (stupid CW already putting reruns on) so we packed up Jack, what was left of dinner and we went home. I still laughed to myself about the library incidentj, and Victoria and I giggled about it half way home. Man...the things we release around friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment