Sunday, September 20, 2009

Florida?

This week has been a little bit easier, and crazier in ways. Mike and I had scheduled to get engagement photos done on Monday evening, but I got a call early Monday morning from our photographer Sydney. She said the weather was supposed to be bad and she was worried that if we went through with them our photos wouldn't look very nice. She wanted to see if I would be willing to reschedule. At the time the rest of our week was pretty much booked so I asked her if we could try for the 22nd of September. She was fine with that and we decided to play the rest of the day by ear. If the weather permitted we'd still do pictures that day. Around 1:30pm I told her we'd just plan on the 22nd because the skies were just getting darker and darker. It's a good thing we did too because not long after that the clouds finally opened up and we had a heavy downpour.

Things didn't work out with our other wedding plans as well this week. Tuesday I was running for the bathroom every twenty minutes so I had to call up Ramey (who we'd made an appointment with to go look at invitations) and reschedule with her because there was no way I was going to make it. Mike stayed at home trying to work on homework and get it finished for his class on Wednesday.

On Thursday after I got home from work I invited Mike over for our Supernatural night, and he told me he wanted to talk to me about some school related things. It turns out that he learned that ITT-Tech has cancelled his major so he will no longer be able to get his bachelor's there. They said if they got enough people to sign up for it they'd pick it up one last time but Mike said that the possibilities of that happening are slim. Most of his classmates are looking at their other options now. Mike told me that he'd been looking into schools in Florida. We won't know until March for sure, but he wanted to know how I felt moving to Florida next spring.

I was a little surprised that we would be moving out of Utah so soon. I had expected a little bit more time here, but I knew we'd probably be moving eventually. In fact Florida was one of the places I knew were in the possibilites pile. I told him that I didn't see any sense in looking further into the houses we had liked in Eagle Mountain if we might be moving to Florida next year and he agreed. He had already talked to his mom about letting us move into the main house downtown until we know what is going on. She told us we might as well because she isn't having any luck trying to sell it. So for now Mike and I are planning on moving into the main house and will be looking further into Florida, just in case things don't work out here.

Besides being a little anxious about not knowing anyone down there, and leaving friends and family behind I know that this is happening for a reason. Nothing happens for no reason - there is a purpose behind everything. So we will look on the bright side of things. I think that the dogs will enjoy the warm weather, I know I certainly will no more snow! :) Mike really enjoyed Florida when he lived there before and he knows the area well so he can help me get to know Florida better since I've only been there once, and after the honeymoon twice.

We decided to skip the cruise to the Caribbean Islands for our honeymoon and instead are going to Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios. Mike is very excited - he signed us up for a backstage tour with the dolphins. He has wanted to do something like this since he's seen our vacation photos from July where I was in the pool with the beluga whales.

No comments:

Post a Comment