Saturday, February 6, 2010

Honeymoon Saturday-Wednesday Blog

Saturday we had a late start, but eventually we rolled ourselves out of bed. We played card games and opened the cards we had gotten from the reception. Mike ate my ham sandwich that the reception center had packed for me, but we eventually went to lunch - when I was hungry enough because I wasn't very hungry for some reason. We went to Smokey's Bar and Grill. Mike got fish and I got a burger. Their fries were easily the best fries I have ever had in my life. After that we just enjoyed TV. It was a good movie night on USA so we watched 50 First Dates, Stuart Little 2 and Bruce Almighty.

Sunday we got up early so we could go to Stephen's homecoming talk. When we got back to the house afterwards Shirleen's family wanted to meet Priestly. He definitely stole the spot light. He missed me a lot, when I tried to take his picture he kept trying to climb my skirt or jumped off the bed to land on my lap. So I eventually took him outside to play. Everyone thought it was so cute as he followed me back and forth across the yard and hid behind my skirt.

Mike and I had to leave for the airport by 3:00. By the time we got there I felt very sick. I hate flying and I am terrified of planes. Mike kept trying to comfort me by telling me to daydream about Supernatural's Dean. But even that didn't help. By the time we were on the plane and on the runway I was in tears, trying very hard to hide them from Mike. But we made it safe and sound and I had managed to stop crying once we were in the air. We didn't get to Florida until almost midnight their time, so we just wearily climbed into bed as we were exhausted.

On Monday morning we went to Magic Kingdom. Mike laughed when he handed me a map and I saw what rides were available to go on. He said my face lit up like a kid's on Christmas. We headed for my favorite ride - Peter Pan. Then we went on It's A Small World, Snow White, Winnie-the-Pooh, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Jungle Cruise, and The Haunted Mansion. My favorite was Winnie-the-Pooh as you get to bounce around with Tigger and I thought that was fun.

Tuesday Mike went down to the school he was hoping to go to this fall to see what it was like. I was very sick so I stayed in the motel and watched horrible daytime TV. We didn't do much when he got home either so it wasn't a very exciting day.

Wednesday we went to Animal Kingdom. It was a lot like a big zoo except for the Safari where the animals roam free. On our way out Mike and I each got a temporary tatoo and then Mike almost swallowed a bug. I found that very funny and laughed all the way back to the buss stop. Mike wasn't amused. But then again he was the one who almost swalled the bug. I wouldn't be happy either.

We came back to the room to wait for the bus that would take us to downtown Disney. Mike took a nap and I tried to entertain myself with TV but again found it very boring. Around 5:30 or so I went in and woke Mike up. He needed to get dressed so we could go down and catch our bus. It didn't take him long and we went downstairs and waited on the bus bench for almost 45 minutes, then we decided to just forget it and walk to downtown Disney. As we reached the sidewalk our bus came in. I wasn't going to run for it so we decided to just keep walking. It was only a 15 minute walk from our hotel anyway.

We had fun going from store to store. We visited the Giant Toy Store, the Kitchen store, Pooh corner, and Goofy's Candy Company. We went to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. Mike got probably one of the most expensive meals on the menu. The steak, shrimp, and ribs plate complete with fries. I ordered the pot roast. It was pretty good. Mike offered me some of his fries but they looked like potato crisps and didn't taste very good.

After dinner we went around taking our pictures with all the characters and then we went back to the motel so we could go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment